Thursday, January 14, 2010

Whales, Dragonflies, and Unicorns, by Zoe

I remember being a little kid pretending to go on exotic, dangerous adventures. Never did I expect it to be anything like this. I can speak and understand people speaking a totally different language I'm spending time with and learning from some of the most talented people I have ever met.

I couldn't iagine being anywhere else but here. It seems like we have been friends forever, this is such a raw environment that there is no need to put on an act or to pretend to be something we are not. We're somewhere where we can bond over a passion we all share.

It is slowly but surely sinking in that we have less than a week left here, but as we drive throught the dusty mountainous countryside to "siete tazas" I'm thinking about how amazing it is here and how much I love it. Even if it does mean pulling an overloaded trailer up a steep dirt road because the truck wan't able to make it all the way up. Or maybe, eating dehydrated potatoe pearls under a wet darp trying to stay dry because all we really wanted to do was sleep. But then I realize that it doesn't really matter what happens no matter what we can find something about the situation to laugh about, like personifying our vehicles, or making fun of the boys' constant need to "man charge (aka listen to music)."

This trip is changing me as a person, and I can't wiat to see what the next few days have in store.

No comments: