Sunday, January 2, 2011

Awesome

Ashley (Mobile, AL)


If I had to oversimplify this trip into one word I would use “awesome.” I have already had many awesome adventures in Chile. Paddling down the Rio Teno made me feel like I was back in North Carolina but then you look up and the Andes are surrounding you. The exhileration and fun of exploring anoher country like Chile would be enough to make anyone yell, “this is awesome.”

Besides the fun, Chile is another type of “awesome” standing in a lush valley nestled between the snow-capped Andes and a volcano deserves th other meaning of the word. That level of isolation really makes me aware of the vastness of the world and leaves me in awe. Rivers of Chile is an awesome trip because it is filled with excitement but also reflection.

No comments: